Daniel Rowbottom Ltd – privacy statement – 2020
This Privacy Statement informs about processing of personal data by Daniel Rowbottom Ltd. It answers the questions what personal data Daniel Rowbottom Ltd collects, uses or shares, for what purposes the data is collected and what rights Users have. The Users can be Daniel Rowbottom Ltd’s customers, representatives of customer companies, potential customers or internet users visiting the website (“Users”). This www.danielrowbottom.co.uk website may contain links to websites and services of third parties. These websites or services are subject to their own privacy statements. Daniel Rowbottom Ltd does not take any responsibility of third parties’ privacy statements or processing of personal data in third parties’ operations. Please pay attention to their respective privacy statements and subsequent changes to them.
1. DATA CONTROLLER
The data controller in accordance with the applicable data protection law is Daniel Rowbottom Ltd (registration number: 12150092, address: Anglo House, Worcester Rd Stourport-on-Severn. Worcs. DY13 9AW for all data processing, the primary contact for privacy matters is: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Rowbottom Ltd is responsible for ensuring that personal data is processed in compliance with this Statement and applicable data protection laws.
2. LEGAL BASIS AND PURPOSE OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Daniel Rowbottom Ltd processes personal data of the Users for various purposes, which are explained below.
2.1 Service provision
The main purpose of processing personal data is to provide the website and deliver Daniel Rowbottom Ltd ‘s products and services. This processing of personal data is primarily based on contract with the User, including processing needed prior to entering into the customer relationship.
2.2 Marketing and communications
Users’ personal data will be used to manage communication with Users and for marketing purposes. In this respect, the processing is based on Daniel Rowbottom Ltd’s legitimate interest to provide Users with relevant and up-to-date information as part of the website. It is also based on Daniel Rowbottom Ltd’s legitimate interest to promote Daniel Rowbottom Ltd’s latest products and services as well as to personalize the User experience.
To some extent, marketing via electronic means is based on Users’ prior consent, for example for sending marketing messages. Users should refer to section 6 below for further information about marketing communications and Users’ rights in this respect.
2.3 Product and services development purposes
Daniel Rowbottom Ltd’s goal is to provide high quality services and give Users relevant information about those services. Therefore, Daniel Rowbottom Ltd may use personal data to analyze the market, User groups, use of websites for the purpose of developing and improving the quality of the website and Daniel Rowbottom Ltd’s products and services. This processing is based on Daniel Rowbottom Ltd’s legitimate interest to grow and develop.
2.4 Information security
Daniel Rowbottom Ltd may process technical data, including some personal data for information security purposes and fraud prevention. Daniel Rowbottom Ltd maintains information security measures to safeguard business information and business assets, to protect personal data, to avoid criminal activities and to ensure the availability of the websites and services. This processing is based on Daniel Rowbottom Ltd’s legitimate interest to ensure an appropriate level of network and information security.
3. COLLECTION OF DATA
Daniel Rowbottom Ltd may collect personal data through different means, which are explained below.
3.1 Customer relationship
Daniel Rowbottom Ltd processes personal data for the purpose of maintaining a good customer relationship, for example when providing and delivering products or services and maintaining customer communications. This personal data is collected directly from the Users.
Depending on the Users’ interaction, Daniel Rowbottom Ltd may collect the following personal data:
• Basic information about the User, such as name, email address and phone number;
• Basic information about the User’s employer , company name, address, email address and phone number;
• Information relating to customer relationship, such as products and services ordered, starting and end time of customer relationship;
• Billing information, such as account numbers, payments made and outstanding and bills delivered; and
• Customer communications.
3.2 User’s interaction with Daniel Rowbottom Ltd on website or otherwise
Daniel Rowbottom Ltd may collect personal data when Users contact Daniel Rowbottom Ltd’s customer service, use website chat, contact Daniel Rowbottom Ltd otherwise, order Daniel Rowbottom Ltd’s products or participate in surveys or competitions on websites or elsewhere. This personal data is collected directly from the Users.
Daniel Rowbottom Ltd may collect personal data that the User has shared with Daniel Rowbottom Ltd, such as
• Basic information about the User, such as name, email address and phone number;
• Basic information about the User’s employer, company name, address, email address and phone number;
• Reasons for contacting Daniel Rowbottom Ltd and details related to contact; and
• Surveys and competitions participated in.
3.3 Automatically collected data of the use of website and services Daniel Rowbottom Ltd automatically collects and processes the following technical data about the User and the use of website, products and services provided by Daniel Rowbottom Ltd:
• IP address, device ID, device type, operating system used and application settings;
• User activity such as pages viewed and items ‘clicked’ on;
• timestamps and log data relating to the use of the service; and
• location/country of origin.
This technical data is collected automatically through the use of website and services.
3.4 Data collected from other sources Daniel Rowbottom Ltd may, from time to time, also collect information from publicly available sources and third parties, such as social networks and marketing companies. For example, Daniel Rowbottom Ltd may receive basic information about the User’s social network profile, if the User login to Daniel Rowbottom Ltd s website or services using social network account.
4. SHARING OF DATA
Daniel Rowbottom Ltd may disclose Users’ personal data to the following third parties:
• trusted services providers, such as distributors and marketing service providers for the purposes listed above. However, at all times, these trusted service providers act on Daniel Rowbottom Ltd ‘s behalf and Daniel Rowbottom Ltd is responsible for the use of Users’ personal data;
• when permitted or required by law to comply with requests by competent public authorities such as subpoenas or similarly binding acts and;
• when Daniel Rowbottom Ltd believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect Daniel Rowbottom Ltd’s rights, protect Users’ safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
5. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
When a User provides Daniel Rowbottom Ltd with contact details, for example, in connection with a sale of product or service, contact Daniel Rowbottom Ltd’s customer service, order products on the website or participate in competitions, Daniel Rowbottom Ltd may use User’s personal data for marketing purposes and to promote Daniel Rowbottom Ltd’s latest products and services as well as to personalize the User experience. Users are given the opportunity to give their prior consent or in where applicable laws allow the opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from Daniel Rowbottom Ltd or other group companies.
Daniel Rowbottom Ltd may provide a User with product and service updates, newsletters and other communications about existing or new products and services by email and text message (SMS), if the User has given a prior consent or if Daniel Rowbottom Ltd has otherwise permitted to do so under applicable law.
A User may unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of emails.
5.2 Statistics and segregation
Daniel Rowbottom Ltd may create User group profiles or segment data for the purpose of creating anonymous, aggregated statistics about the use of the danielrowbottom.com website, products, such as to estimate number of Users, viewed pages, email reads and detect which parts of the website the Users find most useful, to identify features that could be improved and to provide context based advertising to User groups. Data collected for these purposes is not used to identify a particular User but to analyse how the Users in general or User groups use the website or services.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes defined in this Privacy Statement. After that personal data will be removed except when personal data retention is required by law or rights or obligations by either party.
Here are the main rules for the retention periods:
• Personal data regarding customers will be retained during the customer relationship and after that as long as necessary or required by law or rights or obligations by either party, for example for billing purposes;
• Data collected in connection with customer service, other interaction with Daniel Rowbottom Ltd, surveys and competitions will be retained as long as necessary to manage and handle the matter in question.
• Daniel Rowbottom Ltd will delete or anonymise data used for marketing purposes after a reasonable period of time has lapsed from last contact between the User and Daniel Rowbottom Ltd, unless data retention is required by law or rights or obligations by either party.
• Should a User have a concern about data retention for marketing purposes, User should refer to section 7 below for further information about Users’ rights in this respect.
7. PRIVACY RIGHTS
A User has the right to access personal data that Daniel Rowbottom Ltd holds about him or her.
A user has the right to request to correct, update or remove their personal data at any time. However, please note that certain information is strictly necessary in order to fulfil the purposes defined in this Statement and may also be required by law. Therefore, the deletion of such data may not be allowed by applicable law, which prescribes mandatory retention periods.
A user has a right to object to processing, that is based on legitimate interest of Daniel Rowbottom Ltd on grounds relating to their particular situation at any time. To the extent required by applicable data protection law, Users have a right to restrict data processing.
A user has a right to data portability, i.e. the right to receive the personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and transmit the personal data to another data controller, to the extent required by applicable law. This applies only for personal data provided by the User based on customer contract or the User’s consent.
Please send any requests regarding the above-mentioned rights to email@example.com
Daniel Rowbottom Ltd maintains reasonable security measures, including physical, electronic and procedural measures, to protect personal data from loss, destruction, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. For example, Daniel Rowbottom Ltd limits the access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in the course of their job description and third party service providers who may only process data in accordance with Daniel Rowbottom Ltd’s provided instructions.
Please be aware that, although Daniel Rowbottom Ltd endeavours to provide reasonable security measures for personal data, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
9. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Daniel Rowbottom Ltd may amend this Privacy Statement and the related information. Daniel Rowbottom Ltd recommends that the Users regularly access the Privacy Statement to obtain knowledge of any possible changes to it. Daniel Rowbottom Ltd will always provide the date of the Privacy Statement to allow the Users to see changes. Please note that this Privacy Statement is for information purposes only.
Daniel Rowbottom Ltd will inform Users of possible changes by using reasonable and available channels.
10. CONTACT DANIEL ROWBOTTOM LTD
For requests regarding Daniel Rowbottom Ltd’s Privacy Statement or personal data Daniel Rowbottom Ltd holds about the User in question, please contact Daniel Rowbottom Ltd by email at firstname.lastname@example.org